Saturday, September 13, 2008

Harvard-Belmont Historical District Tour

Today I went on the Harvard-Belmont Mansion Tour. My good friend, Roberta Miner, is the Tours Director for the Seattle Architecture Foundation, and hooked me up with a ticket. I think most of my close friends and family know that I love design, interiors and architecture, so this tour was my cup o' tea. The Harvard-Belmont historical district area of Capitol Hill is about 10-12 blocks from my old place on Cap Hill, so I would often walk around looking at the 100+ year old homes, thinking of the hisotry, who built them, who lives there now, etc... What a treat on such a beatiful 70 degree Sept day! As my years in Seattle go by (almost 10 now), I love learning more and more about the neighborhoods of my adopted "home town"!!




No comments: